Upgrading to a New Version of SpeedBase
Before downloading and installing the latest (or any older) version of SpeedBase, make sure that the release date of that version is not later
than the expiration date of the latest support/upgrade extension you purchased. If it is later, you will not be able to complete the install and upgrade.
Make sure that you have registered SpeedBase with the most recent license key you have received following your
latest purchase. If you register with and older license key which was sent to you during an older purchase, you may not be able to install the software
and receive a warning stating that your support term was expired.
We recommend you to disregard and discard older license key(s) whenever you make a new purchase and receive a new license key to prevent this
- You may install and upgrade to any newer version of SpeedBase which has a release date not later than the support/upgrade expiration date
of your current license key.
- Even if the upgrade term of your current license was expired, you may still install/upgrade to any later version which has a release date prior the
expiration date of your upgrade term at all times.
- If your upgrade term does not cover the release date of the current version, you may
purchase support/upgrade extension
to become eligible to upgrade to the current as well as upcoming versions of SpeedBase for another year.
- If you do not want to upgrade to the most recent version of SpeedBase at this time, you may always download and install the older version you were sofar running
from this page.
- Contact us if you have any questions or issues about upgrade and installation.
How to Check Eligibility of Upgrade
- Open SpeedBase, click "database" menu, select "information". Make sure that the "upgrade expire date" displayed here is not older than
the release date of the version you want to install.
- You may also find the expiration date of your upgrade term from the email you received after your latest purchase from us.
- You may find the release date of each version just near the download link.
"After a new installation I've received a message saying my upgrade term was expired. What should I do?"
That means, the upgrade term of your current license does not cover the version you installed. You must uninstall
the version you just installed and then install the version which was covered by your upgrade term
from this page.
You are strongly recommended to check the upgrade information page
before installing a newer version than you are running in order to learn about important changes as well as new features. Beware that, there may
occasionally be changes which may effect how your data is displayed/processed and you might be required to make some adjustments.
When you install a newer version of SpeedBase, your database may also be required to go over an upgrade process depending on the version
you are installing. Basically, if either the left or middle part of the version number was increased compared to the version you are running, a database
upgrade will be executed. Unless otherwise is stated on release notes, your data will not be affected during upgrade.